Thursday, November 10, 2005

day off work = long run

The central Ontario figure skating championships started today, so I booked a day off work to judge. When I got my judging schedule last week and found out that I was not scheduled for Thursday or Friday, I decided to take the day off anyway. I can always use a day of rest :) And for me, "rest" means sleeping in until 9:00 and heading out for a long run. My friend Justin suggested that I run to his office at Yonge and Eglinton to have lunch with him. Haha. I discovered that it is only 7 km (seems a lot longer when you're driving it, because Yonge st is so busy). I was supposed to meet him at 12:00. I left early and arrived at his building at 11:30, so I kept going to St. Clair before I turned around. I figure that I did about 11 km in total, in 1:17.

It was cold today. Strong winds brought the actual temperature of 4deg below zero. I was wearing a long sleeve tech shirt, a shell, spandex pants and a headband over my ears. Boy, that headband helped a lot! So did the fold-over cuffs on my tech shirt that covered my hands. Awesome ;) Some people that I passed on the sidewalk looked at me like I was crazy. Some of them smiled, acknowledging my insanity. I didn't pass any other runners, although I saw a few running through the parks and cemetaries off Yonge st. Is it weird to run through a cemetary? I've done it before. I thought it would be creepy, but it was actually quite peaceful.

No comments: