Saturday, October 28, 2006

Planning for 2007

I have a bit of a cold right now, and the weather is nasty: windy, rainy, stormy. That probably means that I shouldn't run outside. I dragged myself to the gym this afternoon, thinking that I would just do 30 min on the stationary bike. There was only one other person when I got there, so there were treadmills available...I couldn't resist. I ran slow and steady for 30 min (2.55 miles) and felt great...so I hopped on the bike for another 20 min. Sometimes, I feel like exercising helps when I'm sick...but only if I'm not too sick.

Anyways, I have been obsessing about my race schedule for next year. I have already registered for the Chilly Half marathon on March 4, as I mentioned in my last post. The Ottawa marathon (a.k.a. Ottawa race weekend or NCM) is also on my to-do list. I checked out the website and was surprised to see that several of the hotels are already booked up...the race is 7 months away! So, I booked a hotel just in case I decide to go. Actually, I am pretty sure that I want to go...I just have to decide if I want to do the half or the full marathon. I only plan to do one full marathon next year...the training is just too intense for me to attempt a double.

So, if I list all of the races that I want to enter, we have:

  • March 4: Chilly half (confirmed)

  • March 25: Around the Bay 30km (iffy)

  • May 27: NCM (most likely, distance TBD)

  • August 26: Marathon des Deux Rives, Quebec City (undecided, but really want to go. distance TBD)

  • Oct-Nov: some half marathon nearby (PEC, Niagara, Angus Glen, Paris, ???)


  • That doesn't include 5 km and 10 km races that I may sign up for on a whim.

    Okay, so...should I do ATB or not?? It's awfully close to the Chilly half, which I intend to race full-out (unless there's a blizzard...that would make it hard to race :P). It's 2 full months before NCM, which is a little early if I intend to do it as a training run. And, if I accidently race ATB, I could screw up my training for NCM...then again, I could just do the half at NCM and save the full for Quebec city...

    Hmm, decisions, decisions!

    2 comments:

    Cliff said...

    2 much races and not enough time :)

    Might be better to sort them into A,B, C races....A race where u must do. B race where it is not that important and C, well are Cs.

    For me, when it comes to planning is trying not to do much and focus on those A races. This means if i have to bail on a shorter race so i can train more or rest more for the A races.

    Kewl Nitrox said...

    One Word. "Triathlons"?