Tuesday, January 01, 2008

It's 2008!

A new training cycle has begun ;)

Goal race: Vancouver marathon
Date: May 4, 2008
Time to train: 18 weeks minus 2 days.

I am going to start out with Hal Hidgon's Novice Schedule. I think that my body responds best to running 4x per week, and I want to start off slowly since my mileage has been down the past 2-3 months. I'll probably throw in some tempos and/or intervals at least once every other week to keep myself sharp. My target time for this race is 4:30, which is probably on the conservative side. I just want to enjoy the training and it make through injury-free. I'm hoping that my 2nd marathon will be a better experience than my first!

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Anners,

Injury free is good..u don't wanna to wear a cast for your wedding :P..

Any chance u are doing ATB ? I am doing that one.