Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Big lunch = fall asleep in afternoon meeting



Pic: Me and Ivy on Halloween

Today I went for my highly anticipated St. Louis chicken wings lunch with some co-workers. MMMmmm...so many calories. I also received the strawberry-rhubarb pie that I ordered from a co-worker. Frozen, have to pop it in the oven. I'll wait until my sweetie comes over so I don't eat it all by myself :P

The heavy lunch helped me fall asleep in my afternoon meeting. I'm lucky I didn't fall off my chair. You know how you always try to console yourself, saying that nobody noticed...well, one of my buddies let me know that he noticed :P Great. Ah well...

After my afternoon nap (lol), Ivy and I hit the gym and ran side-by-side on the treadmill. She was going for 5 miles (8 km), I was going to play it by ear. I ended up doing 6 km in 41:30. Ivy kept going...you go girl!

4 comments:

G said...

So true, how lunch makes you sleepy. They should have naptimes at work, you know, like kindergarten.

btw, you should turn on the word verification so you don't get spam comments.

Anonymous said...

hahaha.....I almost fell asleep this afternoon too. :P

Anonymous said...

Nice pic! Thanks for organizing the yummy lunch. I'm still in a comfortable haze from yesterday's run. In my head I imagined us as 2 hamsters running on wheels LOL. Always enjoy spending time with you. And I look forward to our weight training sessions!

-Ivy

Anonymous said...

Hey Ann,

Interesting red costume. Raggedy Ann? =)