Thursday, December 01, 2005

November summary

Total kilometers run this month: 94.77
Total number of hours run: 11:09
Total days missed due to illness: 7

I'm not satisfied with my totals. I suppose that I should give myself a bit of a break, considering that I lost a week because I was sick. But in September, the peak of my training for the Toronto half, I ran 147.88km. So, even during a non-training month, I feel like I should be doing well over 100km in total. In December, I will aim for 120km. It should be doable as long as I stay healthy (knock on wood). Now I have to figure out how I am going to achieve that when I am taking 5 days off for a ski trip...

Today I went to work in the morning only, because I was flying to Seattle in the evening for a course the next day. I hoped to get home around noon so I could get a good 10k run before I had to get ready to head to the airport. I didn't get home until 12:45 though, so I considered my options. It was cold today and snowing a little, so I didn't want to run outside, give myself a chill and then sit on a plane for 5 hours. The weather and time constraints forced me onto the treadmill for a tempo run. I worked my way from 5 to 6.2 mph, running 3.31 miles in 35 min (5.33km). I haven't done a speed workout in awhile, so it was quite tough.

I'm in Seattle now and it is almost 2am my time...good night!

No comments: