Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I am registered to run a marathon

I registered for the Mississauga Marathon this morning. That was quite a big step, psychologically. I have paid my money and I am on the official entry list. Wow. Provided that I stay healthy until May 14, I am actually going to do this!!

I was up at 5:00 this morning to go out for my 6km tempo run. I felt pretty good today, but I failed to start Garmin at the beginning of the run. I noticed about halfway through that the timer wasn't moving. So I only know that I completed the last 3.12 km in 18:20. That's pretty good..close to my 10km race pace. I figure the whole 6km took me about 36-37min. I'm supposed to do 10km tomorrow, so I hope that my body can take it after today's run. If not, I'll know not to push as hard next time!

No comments: