Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Skating with celebrities


Okay, a digression from running for this post. I am watching Skating with Celebrities and I am laughing my arse off.

Kurt Browning and Deborah Gibson: I love Kurt Browning. I could watch him skate anytime. Deborah actually did pretty well. She did the required spin on one foot!

Tai Babilonia and Bruce Jenner: Bruce pulled off 2 waltz jumps back-to-back...pretty brave!

Lloyd Eisler and Kristy Swanson: Lloyd is without a doubt one of the best pairs' skaters ever. He would throw his former partner Isabelle around like she was a paper weight. So yeah, he's really strong. And they spent most of the program with him lifting her. I suppose she held herself up well enough.

Jenni Meno and Todd Bridges: Jenni definitely did all the work. Todd could barely stand up.

Jillian Barberie and John Zimmerman: WHAT?? I was truly frightened when they showed the footage of her in practice and she was trying axels. But then I saw their performance and it is clear to me that she has figure skated before. They did some fairly complicated footwork and he actually did a full lift with her on his shoulder.

Nancy Kerrigan and Dave Coulier: Dave had the toepicks ground off...OMG. He is used to hockey skates and skates like it.

Well...anyways...

Running? Right. I did 8km on the treadmill today, in 56min. It was a struggle. My heart rate monitor was acting all weird and not reading properly. Ah well. Not a great running day. Total mileage so far this month: 78.53 km.

1 comment:

G said...

HAH... grind the toepicks off! That's hilarious!!

Hey, whatcha think of the new judging rules they're using for the Olympics? There's a whole lot of hubbub about it.