Saturday, April 15, 2006

Not running enough?

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I feel like I haven't been running that much. Perhaps it's because I ran every other day this week, rather than the back-to-back tues-wed-thurs runs. We had our work curling day on Wednesday, and after being on my feet all day, I was quite tired and my feet were sore. I skipped my Wednesday run. I intended to make it up on Thursday, but my feet still hurt and my arms and quads were sore. I did 11.15k instead of my planned 15k. Took a break yesterday too, but probably walked 3-4k around Niagara Falls with Tony.

(Photo from www.barfarf.com)

Today, Tony and I ran outside together. He has been training for the Vancouver Sun Run...well, sort of. I had him running twice a week on the treadmill. He would usually run for 30-40min. I haven't run with him outside since last fall, I think. He struggled with running 3k at that time. We ran 10-and-1's today and covered 6.2km. I was pacing him a little faster than he usually runs on the treadmill. I am quite pleased with his progress :) It should be fun running the Sun Run next weekend.

Will probably take tomorrow off (or perhaps cross-train). I have Easter Monday off work, so I will take advantage of that to do my LSD. Then it's off to Vancouver Tuesday night.

Total mileage this month to date: 94km

1 comment:

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hi Anners, 1st time at your blog. Kudos on your marathon ambition! 94km this month alone is a respectable distance. Keep it up!