Saturday, May 13, 2006

Day before jitters

I feel like I am going insane. I tried to go to sleep at 10:30 last night so that I could get that all-important 2-days-before-the-race rest. I lay down and felt like my heart was pounding...the kind of feeling that I usually get when I am 1) very nervous about something, like a presentation, or 2) startled by something, like if the phone rings and wakes me up. I thought that it would go away after a few minutes, but it never did. In fact, now, almost 18 hours later, it still feels the same. Very fluttery. I guess that it's just nerves. I didn't sleep well last night and I am quite cranky today. Tony drove me to Mississauga to pick up my race kit (decent kit...fitted tech shirt, nice water bottle, travel-sized advil, oh Henry bar and not too much propoganda). It looks like about 1800 signed up for the full marathon? Something like that. When I realized that I had to pick up my bib from the MARATHON area, and that my bib says MARATHON on it, I freaked out a bit. Whoa...I'm actually doing the BIG one this time!!!

I just woke up from a nap. The nap felt good. However, I am still freaked out. I can't believe how nervous I am about tomorrow. I'll be lucky if I get any sleep at all tonight! So, my plan is to wake up at 5:00, eat a bagel and drink a bit of coffee. Leave my place around 6:45, nibble on a Clif bar in the car, and get to the race site around 7:15 to start warming up for the 8:00 start. Looks like showers and a bit of wind tomorrow morning. Great. Not sure if I should wear my RR jacket or not...might be too warm. Might actually try the garbage bag technique.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

WOOOHOOO>>U ARE GOING TO DO IT..marathon anners :D...

G said...

Good luck!! Tell me how it goes!