Saturday, November 11, 2006

Running in different cities

A few weeks ago, a couple of threads were started on Running Mania asking members to list which countries and Canadian provinces they have run in. I am happy to say that I have run in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Nova Scotia, and now, New Brunswick :) Okay, so far I have only run on the hotel treadmill here in Fredericton, but I'm planning on heading out on the running/bike paths tomorrow. My colleagues and I walked around downtown this afternoon, and I was sorry that I wasn't wearing my running gear. Lots of runners out there, and it was a beautiful day for it. Tomororow, it's supposed to rain :( Anyways...I think it would be neat if I could say that I have completed a race in every province. Or, a marathon in every province if that's possible :D

My runs are feeling good. I'm not doing very high mileage (only about 20-25 km/week), but I am trying to supplement with cross-training to keep myself fit and keep the injuries away. Hopefully, it will help me to shed a few pounds too. Less weight + smart training = faster running :)

I took some pictures today, but I don't have the USB cable with me...maybe I'll post some pics after I get home.

No comments: