Sunday, January 28, 2007

Training update

It's been awhile since I've posted an update. I guess I haven't had much to say. My training has been going well, more or less to my plan: running 4-5 times a week plus at least 1 day of cross-training. Lately, my cross-training has been badminton, which has been a lot of fun :) I sometimes wonder why I have chosen loner sports as my obsessions...skating and running...am I not a team player? ;) Well, running can be a very social sport, but I do 99% of my running alone, and I actually like it that way. At least with badminton, I have to have a partner...unless I am very fast and can return the birdie to myself ;)

I woke up this morning feeling like I had a head cold. Tony was feeling sick too. I wasn't sure if I could get my planned 9-mile LSD done (~14.5km). Just going out for lunch and wandering around Canadian Tire this afternoon made me feel gross. However, I know by now that there is a difference between being sick and being too sick to run. I decided to try my run anyways...on the treadmill, since I did not want to face the slushy sidewalks and wet snow that was coming down today...and I did it. It didn't feel great; my HR was about 10 bpm higher than I wanted it to be and I wanted to quit the whole way. I switched treadmills halfway through to try to break up the tedium. It didn't help much. Ah well...it's done, I did my 9 miles. Unfortunately, I may have to do my next LSD this Friday since I am leaving on a trip this Saturday and doubt I will get a chance to do a long run on the weekend. Ugh, that means that I will have to do 10 miles in another 5 days...yuck!

Ah, the joys of training!

1 comment:

Cliff said...

isn't 9 miles on the treadmill known as insanity? I think u need a head doc..that's for sure :0

I ran yesterday. -8*C + windchill....it ain't that bad....