Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What should I do?

I'm supposed to do a 10-mile (16km) LSD this weekend. The problem: I'm leaving on a trip Saturday morning and probably won't get a chance to run again until Tuesday. My options are: 1) do the run after a full day of work on Friday, which will cut into my packing/laundry/etc time; 2) wake up at 5 am on Saturday and do the run in the dark; 3) skip the run all together. I'm starting to think that trying to get the 10 miles in will be more stress than it is worth. I will be visiting family this weekend who I do not get to see often, so I don't really want to abandon them to run for 2 hours. Nor do I want to get up very early (before they wake up) and run in the dark, in a city that I am not familiar with. So, it looks like there is a good chance that I will miss this week's LSD. I hate missing any runs, but especially LSD's. I have to keep telling myself...one missed run won't hurt my training...but I feel extra bad because I know that my runs will not be on schedule for the 2 weeks that I am on holiday. *sigh* I guess I just have to do the best that I can. I feel that I am getting stronger and have a good chance of reaching my goal time at Chilly, so I don't want to screw up my training. But sometimes, life just gets in the way. And...I have to keep telling myself that it's okay :) I don't need to be so anal about training.

No comments: