Saturday, March 24, 2007

Let's see what I am made out of

Wednesday: 8k steady
Thursday: stomach virus, sick in bed all day, ate almost nothing
Friday: still queasy, ate very little
Saturday: less queasy, ran 3.2 km on the TM
Sunday: 15k race??

Okay, so my week is obviously not going as planned. I am doing the Around the Bay 30k relay tomorrow with a friend from Running mania. I am doing the first 15k. Despite a large difference in stature (I am 5'2" and she is close to 6'), we actually have quite similar times in previous races and were planning to run at the same pace (6 min/km). Now, I am not so sure that I can even run the whole 15 km, let alone hold my goal pace. I guess I'll just have to take it one step at a time. It will be a fun race...looks like over 7000 people are registered! Before I got sick, I was actually starting to regret signing up for the relay rather than the 30k race. Now I am GLAD that I signed up for the relay...you can never predict what is going to happen! Well, there's always next year :)

Race report to follow.

No comments: