Monday, May 19, 2008

My next race

I have chosen my next race:



I am planning to do the Queen City Half Marathon in Regina on September 7. Okay, I might be a little crazy to plan on racing 3 weeks before my wedding. However, if I don't choose something to train for, I might get lazy and gain weight...and not be able to fit into my wedding dress ;) Besides, I should be able to leave the preparations in my fiance's hands for just two days, right??

Why did I choose this race?

- it is my goal to run a race in every province. I've only done Ontario and BC so far.
- my sister made me do it! And sharing running with my sister is awesome. We keep each other motivated, and it helps us to stay close despite the fact that we live in different provinces. Thanks K!

I am hopeful that I will be back to running soon and will be able to properly train. My goal time is TBD. I really really want to run under 2 hours, but we'll have to see how well my injury heals up, and if I will be able to do any speedwork.

Having a goal race in mind has cheered me up a little. I have been good this weekend and did not run...a little rollerblading, walking and yardwork only. I have an ART appointment tomorrow...we'll see what the doctor says.

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Choosing a goal race is a great way to lift the spirits! I was wondering if you were going to be able to resist racing before your wedding. ;)

Very cool that you're planning to race in every province.

Anonymous said...

3 weeks before the big day? That was my first thought but after reading your post, I think it's a great idea! Go Anners!

Marci said...

I think racing will keep your mind off of the stress of your wedding, so good for. My brother in law live in Regina - it sounds like a tempting race to want to run. I bet its flat as a pancake!! Happy training!

Anonymous said...

I've already put my training plan together for the half. Thanks for getting me back to running! See you in Regina!

Lily on the Road said...

Great idea to run in all of our provinces...mmmmm, now you've put the idea into my head! thanks...

Sonia said...

Neat! I really wish my brother or sister in law were into running. I'm getting my Dad started now but he's not wanting to do more than a 5K! Altough I'm pressuring him to run a marathon on his 60th b'day! LOL It's never too late!!