Sunday, May 03, 2009
DH and I at the start line.
This race usually falls a week before my spring marathon or half marathon. I've run it once before, but I took it easy and ran with DH (non-runner). I've always wondered what I could do on this fast course.
Today I found out.
- guy running in front of me in a puffy vest and cargo pants answers phone. "Where am I? I'm running a marathon on Yonge st!"
- that's 5k in 26:12...ummm, that's a 5k PB!
- oh carp, I am screwed for the next 5k!
- oh ya, this is the shirt that chafes under my arms. OW!!!
- who do i think i am trying to run this fast anyways? blech...I feel like vomiting!
- i have nothing left! couldn't even accelerate to the finish line like i normally do.
Chip time: 52:30. PB by almost 2 minutes!
Age group: 222/1078
WHAT?? My goal was a PB (sub 54:24) and my secret whisper goal was sub 54:00. I never, never thought that I would do 52:30. I am thrilled, but that's going to be tough to beat next time ;)
I ran my first 10k race 4 years ago in 1:04:40. It feels great to see my progress :)