Saturday, June 13, 2009

New goals

I thought about my goals as I did my long-ish run this morning (while realizing that I haven't run longer than 5k since Sporting Life...eeek!)

I would like to do a sprint tri at the end of the summer (750m/20k/5k) and go for a sub 2-hr half in the fall. My race times at shorter distances seem to indicate that I can do this...I just need to build my endurance back up.

So, the plan for the summer is:
Swim - work up to 2000m and practice open water swimming (longest swim to date 1250m)
Bike - work up to 2hr and do some "faster" riding during short rides (longest to date is 25k/70min)
Run - work up to 90min until the tri, then 2-2.5 hours until the half (been there, done that, but current comfortable distance is 8-10k)

I'll have to think about scheduling my workouts. I seem to end up trying to do my long swim, bike and run all on the weekend, which is probably not the best idea!

I'm hoping to do some open water swims with Cliff

I'm thinking of either the Milton women's tri on Sept 6 or Wasaga beach on Sept 12. For the half marathon, I'm looking at the Goodlife Toronto half on Oct 18.

I'm looking forward to looking like a hottie this summer with all the training! Haha!

No comments: