Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Riding and traffic

I woke up at 6am on Sunday to head out for my long ride. I covered 30.5km in 1:26, which I was pleased with. My previous longest ride was 25km, and the conditions were windy (by my standards). There wasn't much traffic early on a Sunday, but I still felt some fear riding on the roads. I winced every time a car went by me, even though they didn't come all that close. It seems like most cyclists I know have had a traffic incident at one time or another. I am way too scared to try doing a bike commute (35km for me). I guess avoiding traffic is a good incentive for me to get up early on the weekend to get my long ride done.

Tonight, I headed out for a short 30min ride in my neighbourhood...with hardly any wind, I averaged 23.3kph. I think I'm improving a little.

I'm renting a wetsuit this weekend in anticipation of an open water swim...woohoo.

No comments: