Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's hot

I'm not a summer person, especially not a Toronto summer person. I hate the heat, I hate the humidity, I hate feeling sticky all day. Air conditioning is great, but it seems like I either have to freeze or sweat. And yes, I am still whining about it, even though this week is cooler than last week (34C humidex instead of 43C). I ran on the treadmill in my basement the other day, at 10pm, and I could still feel the humidity. I was going to attempt 8k, but I bailed at 5k.

Meh. I guess I will acclimatize. I sure hope that it is not too hot for my race in 6 weeks, though!

We're heading to Vancouver in 2 weeks. I can't wait! Well, aside from being nervous about taking a 4 month-old on the plane, I am looking forward to it. Hopefully there won't be a heat wave like when we were there last year!

2 comments:

Marci said...

Just catching up with your blog (I haven't blogged in ages), and wanted to congratulate you on your new addition to your family. So awesome that you are out and running too!

zbsports said...

Your blog is great looking forward for more running post!!!