Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I just registered for another race

I just registered for the Chilly Half Marathon on Burlington on March 5. March 5...I hope there is not a blizzard on that day, or I might not make it out there to run :P So, there will be a couple of things about this race that are new to me: 1. I will likely be running in cold, possibly sub-zero temperatures and 2. I am not training specifically for this race. I am using this race as a training step towards my full marathon on May 14. Wow, that is craziness. Craziness, I say! I'm running a half marathon as a training run!! Where has my head gone??

Feeling about 90% healthy now. Going to try a gentle run on the treadmill after work...will update later ;)

Update: I ran 5km on the treadmill. I forced myself to run at a slow pace, even though I wanted to boot it :P After not running for a week, it felt great!! It was almost scary how happy it made me to run :) :) Like a drug or something...hehe.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

U will be more crazy when u run 30 k as a training run :)

Cliff said...

Oh yeah I will enter that one too...

i might as well since I will be running outside during the winter :D.

anners said...

30 km training run...i'll get there, Cliff :P