Sunday, February 26, 2006

LSD on the treadmill...

Back in TO now where, every Sunday the weather is unreasonably cold, windy, or snowy. Every Sunday I do my LSD. This morning, the sidewalks were covered with fresh snow and it was "feels like" -20. I had to do 23km (RR) or 12 miles (Higdon) today. I chose to do 20k on the treadmill. Yes, I ran on the treadmill for 2.5 hours. It was pretty bad. I thought I was going to go insane. I went through 1 squirt bottle of water, 1 gel and 1 591ml bottle of Powerade en route to finishing 20k in 2hr 30min. The only other times I ran that far were the two half marathons that I did last year. Hopefully I won't be sore tomorrow...

Next weekend is the Chilly half marathon!

Total mileage this month to date: 134km.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Who run a dreadmill for so long :)....that's good mental training.. :D

When I ride in my bike in the basement for hours on end..i always make sure I load up on good movies and show to watch. This way at least I won't be bored out of my mind :)