Thursday, March 30, 2006

:)



Gorgeous day again in TO today. I headed out for my dreaded mid-week semi-long run today, feeling sluggish. My legs felt dead from my LSD on monday. I decided that I would try to run semi-fast for at least a few km though. I think my paces are as follows:

Fast: 6:00 - 6:20/km
Semi-fast: 6:20 - 6:45/km
Normal: 6:45 - 7:30/km

As always when running on city sidewalks, I had to stop for traffic lights. I ran the first few km at less than 7:00/km and was gasping. I stopped for a traffic light. I walked for a minute. I should know by now that it takes me awhile to warm up. Ideally, I think I should run for about 20min before I attempt to do any speedwork. I continued on and took more walk breaks at 5km and 7km. After that, I started to feel good and picked up the pace. Minus the 2.5 minutes wasted stopped at traffic lights, I completed 13km in about 1:25. Pretty good for me, and that was with walk breaks! :)

Planned 8k steady run tomorrow. If I run more than 3.27km, I will break 200km for the month :D

1 comment:

Cliff said...

3 km? that's like u walking from your condo to Yonge street...do it girl..

Great job on the run. It takes me about 20 min to warm up too.

I am going to start doing that before a race..i know most races i run cold...not really warm up.