Sunday, March 12, 2006

*sigh*

It's been a blah week. I tried to head out on Wednesday for my hill run...supposed to be 6 hill repeats and a total of 12 km. I ran 2 hills before I started to feel faint. I started walking and then realized that my fuel belt was too tight. Now, this is something that I don't understand. I think my fuel belt is unisex, and it's a size medium (I didn't have the oppotunity to try it on...it was a gift). Yet, when I put it on my waist, it squeezes me. I'm no skinny-mini, but I'm not that big either. I have to put the velcro sort of halfway attached for it to be comfortable. Anyways, I adjusted the fuel belt and continued running slowly until I got back home, covering 7 km in total. Thursday, I was sore and did not feel up to running. Friday morning, I woke up early and did 8 km on the treadmill. This morning, I am supposed to do 10 miles (16 km, Higdon) or 19 km (RR)...a "break" from last week's distance. Right now, it is pouring rain. Ick. The rain is supposed to taper off though, so I'll wait a bit before I head out.

I'm sitting here in my running gear now (sans shoes). It used to be easy to head out for a run...wake up, eat something, put on my shoes and go. This morning, I ate a Clif bar (after swtiching it up with oatmeal and honey nut cheerios earlier in the week), put on anti-chafing cream, put on the chest strap for my heart rate monitor, filled up my fuel bottles and loaded them into my fuel belt, checked the otuside temperature before deciding on a short-sleeved moisture-wicking shirt and my RR reflective jacket, reset and strapped on Garmin, THEN put on my shoes and went outside...only to turn around at the door because the rain looked heavy :P So, all that preparation just to sit here and blog...hahaha...

On a non-running-related note...I am cursing myself for not buying the expensive extended warranty on my laptop. I dropped it the other day and the pin that connects to the power adapter got damaged. The system still works off the battery, but since there is no communication between the external AC power and the motherboard, I can't charge the battery. So basically, I have a useless system because of a broken pin. I took it in to the Best Buy geek squad yesterday and they said I have to send it to HP...and estimated that they would charge $400 to fix it. Plus shipping, so probably more like $500. Well, for $1000, I could buy a whole new system...sooo...I'll think about that for a bit. Luckily, Tony had an extra desktop system that he could lend me :) Otherwise, I would be going crazy sans internet!

Update: Ran a tough 18 km in 2:12. The rain had stopped which was a good thing...the sun even came out at the end of my run, causing me to overheat in my jacket! The first 10-11km felt good, then my feet started hurting...I gotta find a better place to run my LSD's. The sidewalks just kill me. Total mileage this month to date: 75 km (wow!)

3 comments:

G said...

:S I still wouldn't get the extended warranty. I might even try to fix something like that myself.

Look into taking the laptop elsewhere, like to a local computer store - one that's authorized for Compaqs. They should be able to fix it for cheaper than $400+shipping. My dad's friend does repairs for laptops at his computer shop...

Cliff said...

Without laptop and the internet..does this mean u will have more attnetion to running? :)

Ahh...b/f's extra desktop..what can we do without it..(or i mean him..)

anners said...

The AC pin is attached to the motherboard...so you have to take the whole thing apart to get at it...I don't want to mess with the board :P Geek squad guys said that they would have to send it away to get it fixed too, same price...