Sunday, April 02, 2006

April bust

Well, March may have ended with a bang, but April started with a bust. I tried to head out for my 20k LSD today (it's a step-back week) and it was a disaster. I slogged through the first 30min, waiting for the yucky I-don't-wanna-run feeling to go away. It didn't go away, and I started to feel light-headed and nauseous. I have low blood pressure, and I know that light-headedness is a warning sign. I told myself that I could stop after 1 hour. I managed to stay out for 1:21, but I only covered 10.3km. Very slow and very painful. My legs are still sore from the 51km I logged last week.

Alright, so I couldn't get my mileage in today...I'm not going to beat myself up for it, since it's a stepback week and I can't push it if I'm not feeling well. Hopefully things will go better next week.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

rest a couple of days if u have to.

Are u stretching your legs? I message my quads and hamstrings all the time.