Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Today, I fell off the wagon...err, treadmill


(Photo from www.lowback-pain.com)

I woke up at 4:30 today...accidently. I set my alarm for 5am, intending to put 6 or 8 km in on the treadmill before work. I got up and eased into my workout slowly. I ate a powerbar, went downstairs and walked on the treadmill for about 5 min, stopped and stretched, then eased into a jog. My left quad was sore when I woke up, but it felt better by the time I started running. Unfortunately, the treadmills in the condo are not the greatest. I have a feeling that people abuse them. They have been repaired several times, and usually only 2 of the 3 are working. The 2 that are currently functional are jerky. The belt just doesn't run smoothly, and once I got into my run, I could really feel it. I almost lost my balance a couple of times. However, I didn't fall off the treadmill when I was running (thankfully). The stumble came when I was slowing the speed to a slow walk, and I probably looked like a drunk as I walked crookedly onto the side of the belt...and right off. Doh. Well, at least I didn't hurt myself and there was no one else there to see me :)

4 miles (6.44km) today, and no pain :D

1 comment:

Cliff said...

no one wakes up "accidentally" 4:30 am in the morning ;)