Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I'm back!

Today, one of my coworkers said to me, "Ann, your fans are disappointed. You haven't updated your blog :D" Hahaha. Ok, so I'm back. The past couple of weeks have been eaten up by packing, cleaning, moving, unpacking and more cleaning. I've relocated to a new condo now, but the unpacking and cleaning continues. It's like a moving marathon. Needless to say, I haven't had a lot of time or energy to run. I think that I've managed to pull off a run every other day, but they've only been 5-6km. I'll have to pick it up if I want to achieve a PR on my Canada Day 10k run. Well, now that Tony and I are settling into our new place, I should have a bit more time. Hopefully I will get in an LSD of 10k or so this weekend. Funny...when I was training for the marathon, I wouldn't have considered 10k an LSD!

I ran on the treadmill in my new building today. It was a nice day and I really should have run outside...but for once I didn't feel like being in the sun, and I also didn't feel like dealing with traffic. So, treadmill it was. I like to play little games in my head when I am running indoors to keep myself entertained (see also this post). There was a guy walking/jogging on the treadmill across the room, facing me. In my mind, he was trying to outrun me. He looked tired, but kept slogging along because I kept running and he didn't want to stop before me. Finally, he gave up and started walking...at which point I cranked the speed from 5.5 to 6.5 mph (that is fast for me, ok :P ) and finished in style. In reality, the guy probably wasn't watching me at all, but my little game kept my mind occupied :P

6km today in 42min (including the slow warm-up and cool-down). I then decided to walk up the stairs to my 19th floor suite (which is actually the 16th level). Brutal. I can't do stairs. By the 7th floor, I was breathing heavily and had to pause. Wow, I can run for hours, but I can't climb a few flights of stairs?? Anyways, I made it to my floor eventually. I think that I will make the stairs a habit. It will probably help with my strength.

On another note, I ordered a new digi cam yesterday :) So excited.

No comments: