Friday, August 11, 2006

Good run

I ran with a co-worker at lunchtime yesterday. She showed me the bike/running path nearby, which goes along the canal all the way from Saint Louis to Mulhouse. I think the distance is around 25 km. Of course, we didn't have time to run that far during lunch break :) So we ran out and back for a total of 7.2 km in 43 min. Yes, that is about 6 min/km. I didn't know that I could run that fast. Okay, I have run that fast in a race before, but never for a training run. I was trying hard to keep up with her (she was probably holding back), and it felt hard but not impossible. We tried to talk a bit at the beginning, but with my broken French and her broken English, it was a bit of a challenge. Still, I learned that her goal is next year's Paris marathon :)

Moral of the story: running with people is good. They can show you new routes and help you push your pace :) I felt good after the run.

No comments: