Monday, August 21, 2006

Short runs are still good runs, I hope

My runs have been pretty good lately, for the most part. Since running with my co-worker a couple of weeks ago, I have taken to running along the canal during lunchtime. Unfortunately, my co-worker went on vacation right after our first run together, so I've been running solo. Mais, ce n'est pas grave...I'm used to running on my own anyways. The runs have been between 6 and 7.5 km, which is about the longest I think I can get away with during lunchtime (and still have time to get cleaned up and eat). People certainly take longer lunch breaks in France, but I would feel a little bad if I disappeared for 2 hours :) Hopefully I will get a 10-12 km run in at the end of the week though.

The one problem with the canal route is that it's too flat. Is this really a problem?? Well, not if you want an easy run, but I'm supposed to be training for the TO half marathon...I need some hills. My runs have been at a faster pace than usual (6:20 to 6:45/km...normally i would say I did 7:00 to 7:30/km), and I'm not sure if it's because of the route, or because I'm getting stronger. Let's just say I'm getting stronger :P

As for travelling...tried to go to Dijon yesterday, but like many other cities around here, everything is closed on Sundays. This weekend is my last weekend in France, and I will be without visitors for the first time. Still trying to decide where to go. I tried to find a 10-15km race to enter, but didn't find anything that looked to be easy to get to or register for.

No comments: