Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thanks for that

I'm on a business trip and had to do a long run yesterday. It was windy and rainy, so I decided to run on the hotel treadmill. There were two treadmills, both of which had seen better days. I was going to do an hour at an easy pace (8-8.5km). I felt pretty good about 25min into the run, so I bumped up the speed a little. A few minutes later, someone came into the gym and started running on the treadmill beside me. I bumped up the speed again. And again. And again. In fact, I wouldn't let myself stop running until the other person was done. Okay, I am just a little bit silly. But in the end, I ran 10km in 67min...not a bad overall pace, considering that I started out slowly (5mph).

So, to the stranger who was running beside me last night...thanks!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Nice! I can almost see your face as you bump it up...so competitve:)

Marlene said...

I like to do little challenges like that if I'm at the gym, too. Any motivation will do! Nice work!

Marci said...

Yay you are back!! Good job. I think similar things when I run at on the TM at the gym. Its funny when you can sense a silent "competition". :)